I know about blogs. I have heard about blogs for several years now. Have I ever cared? For some reason, no. I don't even keep a hand written journal. Plus, I don't really think I enjoy writing. Those are two good reasons for having never delved into the blog sceen. In addition, who in the world would really want to read my ranting, rambling, bragging, history, goals, wishes, accomplishments, and/or shortcomings? I'm sure my family and friends have better things to do and the novelty of having my own blog will wear off soon. Having a blog is having another thing to do, not to mention another username and password to remember. Having a blog is a committment. Not like marriage or anything that serious, but a committment nonethelss. I will have to update it, otherwise I will feel like a failure. There's nothing like getting another thing started and not finishing it. I don't need my wife to have another reason to nag at me. The garden and simple home improvement jobs are quite enough, thank you.
So, as much as I despise it I am curious. If nothing else I am learning something new about my everyday world. Being an educator I have to agree that is a rather important thing to do. The more I know about my student's world the greater chance I have of helping them make connections. I have heard at a few technology workshops for teachers that I can use blogging as a tool to make writing more exciting and authentic. I'm not sure I'm totally convinced, but I will try this out.
I am now officially on the blogging bandwagon.
No comments:
Post a Comment