Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Valentine's 2012
This year the calendar says February has 29 days. Because of this oddity I decided I had better do something different for Valentine's Day this year. I have always given Kim a small bouquet of flowers. I shy away from more traditional varieties and choose something a bit more unique, like her. In addition to this beast of a tropical flower pictured above, a heliconia, Kim is receiving one flower every day this month (minus Sundays and the days I've been sick). The kids take turns going into the florist's refrigerator and picking out that special flower of the day ... and they really have enjoyed it. It is so cute to see them beam walking in the shop, walking out of the shop with one wrapped flower, and delivering it themselves, whether we show up unannounced at the library where Kim works or at home. This eclectic collection of flowers has grown each day and it looks surprisingly ... good. I anticipated something less with every flower being different. Kim does sooooo much for me and the kids. A flower a day is the least I could do. So, Kim, Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for the delicious eggplant Parmesan and spinach fettuccine with your home made pesto! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment