Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cedar's Photography: Study of Jenny Dog

Occasionally Cedar will grab the camera and go crazy.  I usually get rid of most of her pictures because they are just a mess and aren't anything, not even a blur of something.  This last visual study of Cedar's focused on the dog Jenny.  Many of them actually turned out.  I decided to play with them a little.  Even the one's that were nothing, like the ten close-ups of Jenny's brown fur, generated some interesting results.

Jenny is a great dog, with some reservations, as with most dogs I'm sure.  Her greatest attribute is allowing the kids to play with her.  She tolerates most of it and it shows in her face.  Recently I happened to see the kids and Jenny playing in the backyard.  The fish net was over her face and she was sitting patiently, certainly for the next intricate detail as a character in an elaborate imaginative plot from the young human masterminds.  I think the kids are pretty lucky to have her.  


I added some HD filter, but didn't crop


no fixing done on this, wasn't sure what to do

I think I just played with lighting here

Cedar loves Jenny

I cropped in close because there was a lot of carpet in this photo

no cropping, just a 'boost' filter.  I really like the composition even though to me it has a very sad feel .

close-up of Jenny's fur with dual color filter

Jenny's fur with some sort of filter ... pencil?

Cedar's toes resting on Jenny's soft fur.  It was a little blurry so I softened it to make it look on purpose

Cedar the photographer and the dog Jenny

2 comments:

Morgan and Joel said...

Well done Cedar! What did you use to play with the photos? Just photoshop?

Kevin said...

Just Picasa