We put our kids on a plane and everything went great. My mind was prepared for the worst. Thankfully we didn't have to go there in reality.
I think we did a good job of preparing them for this new adventure (talking, sharing travel stories, checking out books from the library, role-playing take-off with YouTube videos in the family room, ... Can you tell the adults were a little anxious? :-)) And I don't think we forgot any details -- Kim does a good job of that.
The announcer called them by name to be with the first group to get on. Nobody else was called by name ... except these two ladies who were late ... but they were all grown-ups. :-) Having their names called made me feel they knew who my kids were and that they'd be in good hands.
It all happened so quickly. One minute they were with us and the next second they were walking away. I don't even remember hugs and kisses, just a customary wave good-bye ... and that was just because I told them to turn around and wave for a picture! Oh well, there will be more airport good-byes, I'm sure. I wanted to spy on them somehow after they boarded the plane. I wanted to see their expressions and hear them talk. After my mom and dad picked them up on their end my mom called and it was neat to hear some highlights: flight attendants relayed that they were very well behaved, that Ethan was a very good big brother, they were scared (curious) to touch the recline button on their seat for fear (imaginative) it would launch them out of the plane (like in cartoons). They finally asked an attendant what that button was for.
Cedar's favorite part was flying through a cloud.
Myles' favorite part was the juice ... he was so excited he didn't have to use his own money! (He doesn't know the juice you pay for on planes is for 21 and over.)
Ethan's favorite part was ascending and descending.
I think they are so brave to have gone along with my crazy idea of flying them to Oregon.
Continue to be brave and adventurous! See you kids soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment