Monday, February 16, 2009

Why is there water everywhere!?



Home maintenance is a part of buying a home. That doesn't make it any more fun. Especially at 8:00 pm. Actually, my idea of home maintenance is more about painting, upgrading light fixtures or faucets, putting in tile floors, landscaping, or the like. Crawling (on my stomach, literally) under the house to investigate is about as fun as... well, something not very enjoyable. Thankfully I know someone who knows a few things who helped pinpoint the problem and fix it. Since handyman work is somewhat of a novelty for me I had Kim take a couple pictures. Thankfully the problem was with an outside faucet whose hose was acidentally left screwed on. The water in the hose froze and pushed its way back into the pipe in the house busting the metal pipe open. We fixed it making a hole in the master bathroom. Exciting stuff.

2 comments:

Morgan and Joel said...

That totally sucks. I'm glad that the super cute handyman was helpful!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad your parents taught you correct principles. Mooch off your friends before spending unneeded bucks.