Tuesday, March 10, 2009

OMSI

OMSI came through town last Friday and we enjoyed it. Cedar touched a real snake (with Dad) and experimented with a wind machine and a balloon. She also enjoyed the magnets. I had a quick conversation with the librarian about free energy and satellite ladders. He was interesting to talk to and I think would really enjoy conversations with my dad.

The boys appeared to really enjoy the whole thing as well. There were so many fun puzzles - hands-on, open-ended science and math puzzles. The picture of them is experimenting with color/light and motion. They liked spinning those discs around to make the colors change (a yellow and red disc turned orange, etc.) I would love a grandparent to make some of these puzzles and give them to their grandchildren (my kids) for birthdays and Christmas. Good idea, right, Dad?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times! Wonder how the assembly will be today. Don't think I can make it, but Gunnar seemed pretty excited when Neil told him that he heard there's going to be some sort of explosion!