About a month or so ago I went to a city council meeting to request that the city change the ordinance about chickens inside city limits. I thought if Portland can have chickens why can't we? I haven't heard back from the city on the issue. I keep forgetting to contact the city myself and follow up. There also might be an issue with my neighborhood development rules that would have to be overcome. All I want are 3 to 5 chickens in my backyard so I can have fresh eggs. I see the chickens as an extension of the garden. I see them as a learning and growing experience for me and my family. I also see them as way less of a pest than my dog. Why don't people have to get a permit to have a dog in the city. I swear, the crap ....
... Back to chickens. Kim is currently reading
Coop by Michael Perry, (click the link for a news interview on his book from his website) which is not how to take care of chickens but a narrative of his life, which involves chickens. .
HarperCollins also has a video of him promoting Coop.
A friend of mine has discussed and shared chicken coop design plans. We are a little jealous becuase they live more in the country than we do (of a neighboring town) and got chickens this last spring. Anyway, I had to share this
product for keeping chickens. It's kind of cool in a funny way, or kind of funny in a cool way. I'm not sure which. Click the link or the picture for a short article from Dwell on this product.

No comments:
Post a Comment