
As little and out in the middle of nowhere as our town is they do a decent 4th of July. This morning we went the to Scout breakfast. You can't beat all-you-can-eat pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs. I smiled as we drove past the 5k runners. I used to run and sometimes I still think I do, but my lame excuses were that I have 3 little kids and it was nearing 80 degrees by 8:00 a.m.
The parade was fun and Ethan and Myles were in it. They were on the Funtastic Kids summer program float. One of my favorite was the mariachi band followed by the Mexican horse riders, sombreros and all. They looked sharp and several of the horses danced for us.
The kids are back at the park for kid activities like the jumping castle, water slide, etc... There is a talent show and several other things going on at the Maria. Of course, the day will end with a firework show. In the meantime, I'm at home watching the home made ice cream and helping getting ready for a last minute BBQ at our house. It should be fun. There's nothing like a BBQ, ice cream, friends and family. 

No comments:
Post a Comment