Saturday, August 29, 2009

Progress

I'm not sure how interesting this really is to very many people, but I thought a progression of pictures of my recovery would be interesting to see. Surgery was Wednesday Aug 19. There is some dispute between Kim and I which day is which. However, for sure day one (Wed the 19th) is found on her blog. She says the pain meds confused me. So, here we go ... captions should be below the pics, but they kinda sorta are and aren't. I swear, what's with the lack of basic layout features (body text, pic, caption) with Blogger?!














day 2
Thursday


















day 2



















day 3
Friday












day 4
Saturday
Fast forward one week ...
Pictures weren't a priority with everyone but me puking
The bruising got worse - it spread over my eyelids







day 11
Saturday
I'm actually smiling!
A couple days ago I went back to the doctor to get the splints out and have the cast taken off. Apparently, my nose was wanting to go back to where it remembered being. I could have massaged it into place periodically throughout each day, but I'm glad the doctor played it safe and put a new cast on. He'll take it off next week.

No comments: