I was reminded of my skydiving desires after talking with a coworker who did it this last June. It was perfect timing. Kim and I will have been married for 10 years. So, that became the reason we jumped out of a plane together, er, I mean, individually on the same trip. So, no, it wasn't all that romantic as one would assume from such a milestone as 10 years of heaven and ... not-so-heaven together. (Note: Kim was only humoring me in the beginning of this idea. She didn't think I was really going to follow through. Maybe I was extra determined because I wasn't sure about her excitement of the whole thing.)Anyway, the premise of the jump was to show and remind us that we are still learning and growing, keeping things exciting and fresh, even after 10 years. 'Wow, that's a long time' commented my "guy", the person I was to be strapped to. He was only 23, so I'm sure I had similar thoughts at his age.
It was awesome. It was not scary. The anticipation was the worst part. We drove over three hours to Skydive Oregon in Molalla. We left our kids with both sets of grandparents in the picnic area. I'm so glad they were able to come and watch the experience. We took 20 minutes to sign our lives and any liability away. Took a short 10 minute instructional class. They strapped us up. We walked out, got on the plane, hooked up to our "guy", had a wonderful fall for about 7 minutes, went out to eat, then drove back home. It took a couple of hours from when we arrived to when we left and it was worth it even though less than 10 minutes of it was falling through the sky. It was short, but unbelievable. It was just so cool!
One of the cutest things was watching our three little kids and two of their little cousins jump off picnic tables practicing skydiving. Cedar keeps talking about how she is going to go up in a plane and put on a parachute - "a pink one just like daddy's."Kim and I before preregistration

walking out to wait for the plane
Suddenly, I had to pee. J/K
It's a bird! ... It's Kim (yellow) and Kevin (pink)
Apparently, Kim pulled several serious stunt moves.
The rest of us were jealous. She didnt even want to go in the first place!
Assume landing position!
TOUCHDOWN!
I think we look totally tough walking back, like we saved the day.








2 comments:
You guys do look tough!
How fun. Enjoyed all the pictures. Happy 10th!!!
wahoo! you guys are the coolest!
Post a Comment