Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oink Update

The pig at our friend's place is bigger now. We had to move the pen. The video is one attempt to put it in the dog crate for holding while we moved the stakes and fence. That pig did not want to go in the crate, even with food. Joel got tired of it and tried to use brute force, but even he wasn't strong enough. I was the only one without boots so I didn't go in the pen, but in the end I pulled on the pig's ear to get it to backup in the crate. Don't think that I got off easy in this project. I wrapped the chain around the bottom of the stakes so Joel could pull them up and out with the tractor. The chain was dragged all over the ground through inches of pig poop and pee. Blah-yuck! I think it took at least a day and several washings before the odor left my fingers.

No comments: