Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stand for Something

I loosely follow a blog called No Impact Man. We recently watched the documentary by the same name. It was entertaining. I liked how the guy, with whatever motive it was (self-promotion, etc.), lived various, if not most green practices as an experiment to see what was really feasible for eliminating or reducing his family's carbon footprint. I didn't understand why some people were so passionately against his experiment ... Anyway, he posted this video on his blog, which I wanted to share and remember.

I really appreciate the positive perspective in this video and how she articulates core values that resonate with my own and the way I try to live my life. I laughed at one point, not so much out loud, it was more of a smile, when she started talking about using your energy for standing for what is right. I thought she sounded like the late Gordon B. Hinckley, Prophet and President of the LDS Church and author of Standing for Something: 10 Neglected Virtues That Will Heal Our Hearts and Homes. So, here's to using my energy to create more positive experiences for myself and the people around me.

No comments: