I have come across some really great things lately that I want to remember. Some are just entertaining videos of music that is new to me. Some are talks or otherwise insights from different people. I think I'll just put them together in this post even though there is no obvious connection. Though every now and then I am known to connect some seemingly disparate ideas. So here it goes. Maybe you'll make some connections. Maybe you'll find something you like as well. Don't be scared by the length of some of these. This is good stuff!
This video wouldn't let me embed it so the link was as good as I could do...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
These are links to articles about fear, safety, danger, the value of fooling or playing around, creativity and risk.
http://www.tinkeringschool.com/blog/2010/dangerism/
.. and this is a great talk about play that I just watched
1 comment:
Okay, I am going to be a dork and comment on my own posting. That 'play' talk was so validating. Get this out to administrators, boards of education, state departments of education, teachers and parents. If only I were in charge .... I would have a dang cool school. Some day, some day ...
Post a Comment