 |
| riding down the street |
 |
| posing with her new fairy friend |
 |
| getting used to steering |
Cedar is 5. She loves pink. For her birthday we went swimming, ate a McDonald's, opened presents, devoured cake and ice cream, and had a Tinkerbell movie marathon (3 movies in a row! We almost couldn't handle it.). Cedar picked the Barbie bike over the Disney Princess bike. It snowed a lot of the weekend, though most of it didn't stick, and it was very cold, but Cedar was very determined to take her bike out, and take her Nut Fairy along for the ride.
On a somewhat related note, Kim recently read a book called
Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein . I haven't read the book, but it does look like Cinderella has eaten my daughter. No doubt I have something to do with that. I can't blame it all on Disney and Barbie. I think I like to have her in pink and dresses because of her shaved head. Otherwise, nobody would know she's a girl. She knows she's a girl and I think it bothers her when people ask us what 'his' name is. I love her shaved head. I think I will miss it when the trichotillomania subsides. She is the most beautiful little girl when she smiles, skips down the sidewalk, and sees herself as capable and strong, whether she is wearing pink or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment