Monday, November 12, 2012

Details of Our New Old Abode

It's been a few weeks since we've moved into our home built in 1909.  It's been through several phases, I'm sure.  A lot of things changed with the previous owners.  We are happy, yet cautiously so, to continue to the history of this old stone house.  

It's been very busy getting settled.  Some of you have asked for pictures.  I had some time tonight to take some.  Though, I'm not sure they will give you much of an idea of what the house it actually like. I did not want to take pictures of our scattered crap and unpacked stuff.  So I decided to focus on details; things we have never had or details of the home I find intriguing.  Some details we seem to really be enjoying are the radiant heat, high ceilings, and wood floors.  We won't mention details we aren't enjoying, but they are being worked with.  Some day they will be remedied, but there will always be a new list. 

It's nice to be in our own home.

gas stove

informal dining lighting



living room


living room curtain detail

master bedroom lighting

master bath doorknob

master bath cast iron claw foot tub

master bath lighting

master bath radiator




downstairs door knob

downstairs bedroom door knob

huge old crack in the bedroom door

stone wall detail downstairs

downstairs bath faucet

downstairs family lighting

master bedroom radiator

old kitchen hardware on old cupboard 



kitchen door with window

possibly new hardware on old cabinetry

old part of kitchen

1 comment:

tina said...

Fun, fun. I love the bathtub! I've always like old houses - the detail is awesome. Enjoy!