Somebody had a party, a Halloween themed bowling birthday party! Cedar was a great hostess by welcoming guests and handing them a pumpkin party favor to decorate. She worked hard in helping Kim beforehand to make the vampire cupcakes. She agreed to allow pin-the-eye-on-the-monster that Kim made for a library event. She assisted in the creation of the invitations with me. She thoughtfully came up with the guest list and put in extra time before school started for the day to put them in the correct mailboxes. Her friend party was a success! We didn't tell her it was a family party year because she was SO excited and had most of it planned before summer was out, but the family had fun, too. We celebrated on her actual birthday as well.
My goal was to capture her happy expressions and I think I managed to get a few. She was so grateful for the ukulele and asked when lessons will start! I have to hold on that one because I know what getting our two other kids to practice their instruments is like. The boys enjoyed picking out sewing supplies and fabric and a Nerf gun, because she has never had a Nerf gun and has been left out of the battles.
At this point she still wants to be a veterinarian. Whatever she actually has as a job, or does as hobbies, or develops as talents I hope she is strong, resilient, thoughtful, and happy ... much like she is now, only more.
At this point she still wants to be a veterinarian. Whatever she actually has as a job, or does as hobbies, or develops as talents I hope she is strong, resilient, thoughtful, and happy ... much like she is now, only more.
| Not all, but a fair amount of gift wrapping is non-traditional for special events of this family. |
2 comments:
She is one of a kind and the most wonderful part of the both of you. She is precious and amazing and she will be just as she is now. Remarkable. You are blessed! Love Aunt Debbie
Post a Comment