Kim signed me up for an outdoor photography class at the community college. I decided to take a personal day off work and go on one of the filed trips the instructor offered. It was well worth it. It was really nice of her to sign me up and I've been having a good time getting to know my camera.
I've been interested in photography ever since my mom got a camera when I was in 6th grade or so. My first photography class was in 8th grade - black and white: rolling our own film, developing, printing. I think the last two years of high school I was a photographer for the yearbook. A few years after high school I took a photography class at a community college as part of general undergraduate work. Mostly I have used a cheap pocket digital camera for capturing memories, and I have done quite well with that, if I do say so myself.
Last year was a moment to reinvest in my hobby. The highlights have been discovering how to blur water on my own while in the Columbia River Gorge and discovering new places in Wyoming. I think I prefer to decontextualize what I'm shooting and focus on basic principles and elements of design.
No comments:
Post a Comment