Saturday, January 31, 2009

P is for Paint


Today the family decided to celebrate the letter P. Kim was inspired by some friends with kids who are about our kids ages. The day started off with going to starfall.com followed by eating pancakes, picking up, playing at the park, pastries after lunch, painting, taking pictures, and pizza for dinner all while in pajamas. It was fun except for when kids were being a pain.


For my last birthday Kim gave me a big canvas, acrylic paints, and a brush. It's been years since putting to use the wonderful things I learned from LBCC art classes. I've been neglecting to make that part of me a priority. I'm really glad today was P day because while Kim and the boys went to pasear (to go with the P theme - it's Spanish) on their bikes I stayed home with Cedar and I painted. Cedar watched movies, but she got to paint later.


Kim really likes daffodils. I try to get her a boquet every year for her birthday. Keyword: try. It doesn't always work out but she has some good memories. Hopefully this will add to those good memories. I'm not sure it's any good, though I'm proud of it. I would put it on the fridge except that it's too big for that.


Anyway, this is my first acrylic on a canvas of any size but I had fun painting.