
I finally did it. I took those stinking rocks I've collected over the past 4 years and made my fire pit. I dug out several buckets full of dirt because I wanted the rocks to be level with the grass in hopes that it would ease maintenance when mowing. I was so excited for having done something productive that I wanted to have a marshmallow roast to celebrate. I figured I deserved it after a blister and an afternoon of hard work. Nobody argued with the idea so we set off to the store, called the number on our burn permit, and then I threw away a dead mouse from the garage so that Kim could get to the bin with the roasting sticks. Although, finding something to start the fire with was an adventure. We even tried asking the neighbors. Thankfully, after the 5th house someone was finally home and they were able to help. Yes, we were determined and it paid off. And it was a miracle that there was no wind. We had a great time!
P.S. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were a fun substitute for chocolate bars.
P.S. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were a fun substitute for chocolate bars.
3 comments:
Cool fire pit! Fun stuff. We had smores last night too! While in town, I remembered to buy chocolate bars! It was SOOOOO nice yesterday - perfect weather - not too hot, not too cold and the evening was great. We cleaned our deck and the boys had their mac & cheese out there, the destroyed the smores!
A chip off the old block.
From your mother...
what fun! i'm liking your raised beds in the background - what will you be planting?
Post a Comment