Sunday, October 4, 2009
Conference Food
Growing up I would go with my family to Grandma Norma's house every Fall and Spring for the LDS General Conference, otherwise known as 'going over to Grandma's and watching church on TV' day. Admittedly, most of my memories are of coloring, drawing ... pretty much anything to keep us kids quiet. But the best part of this day was the food. To this day my mind registers certain food with the sound of that huge organ playing hymns and the sleep-inducing tone of old men speaking. I am craving chicken chalupas, pink jello salad, deviled eggs, and Grandma's desserts like carrot cake or chocolate crazy cake and freshly baked variety of cookies, namely peanut butter, snicker doodle, and chocolate chip. So, it's been years since I've gone to Grandma Norma's for Conference, but I still want that food! I guess we'll just have to plan better next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment